Zendesk loves BotSupply chatbots

Support follows the 80/20 rule, most of the time.

When it comes to support, there are high frequency, common questions that tend to represent about 80% of your total support volume. The other 20% are usually outlier questions or issues.

These high-frequency questions tend to be low in value and simple to solve without human intervention. Common examples include account balance lookups and password resets or login failure—actions a bot can do instantly.

Low value, repetitive questions are typically solved with a scripted reply or email macro, and the solution is the same for every customer.

There is little value in the human component of the interaction, as the primary human elements are stripped out in favor of an efficient and repeatable script.

According to Harvard Business Review, “84% of customers would prefer a straightforward solution to their problem” anyways.

Companies with higher ratios of these repetitive tickets will derive the most value from bots.

Bots excel at reducing the volume of these highly repetitive inquiries while providing a superior user experience since they are always available and always instant.

3 ways AI customer service bots help

There are 3 main ways a bot can help your customer support operations.

1. Customers get answers faster

89% of customers say getting a quick response to their customer service questions is important when making decisions about which companies to buy from. And chatbots can deliver faster customer service at all hours, whereas humans have pesky needs like eating and sleeping. When consumers in one survey were asked what they considered the main benefits of bots, the top two answers were getting round-the-clock customer service (64%) and getting instant responses to their questions (55%).

2. Agents spend less time on repetitive questions

Bots can take over answering up to 80% of those sorts of routine inquiries.

That’s good for agent morale. No one enjoys spending the day providing tedious cut-and-paste style answers. In fact, 79% of customer service agents say that when their responsibilities are focused on handling complex issues it improves their skills, and 72% believe it makes them more valuable to the company.

3. Bots work on multiple channels

Customer service today is omnichannel. Forrester has reported that 95% of customers use three channels or more in a single customer service interaction. In addition to the most familiar channels like email and phone, customers are increasingly turning to messaging applications like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.

By making sure your AI bots are connected to the rest of your tech stack you can use them to provide a self-service experience across all your channels. Customers get the answers they seek, in a shorter time, on the channel of their choice.

How to get started with bots on Zendesk

If you’re thinking of using a bot, you want to first identify two things: your company’s problem area, and the platform you’re going to use.

Are you inundated with requests and inquiries? Could your agents be spending their time more efficiently? It’s equally as important to understand the scope of the bot you might be implementing. Does it help with repetitive tasks? Or is it an expert on a certain product? A value-adding bot is one that is capable of collecting customer information with an intent to arm agents with the info they need to save a customer, solve complex problems, or drive a new sale.

There are times when it’s best to use a bot versus a human, but when it comes to tackling a range of tasks—from simple and repetitive to sensitive and complex—bots and humans work better together.

From a platform perspective, BotSupply has an out-of-the-box integration with Zendesk Chat that allows our customers to launch a new bot on Zendesk Chat in a matter of minutes.

No coding skills required.

If you’re ready to consider incorporating customer service AI bots into your strategy, get started with BotSupply. It’s smart, omnichannel, and works seamlessly with your other Zendesk products.


Latest news on chatbots and Conversational Data